Strive Asset Management is a new asset manager with the mission of restoring the voices of everyday citizens in the American economy. Strive, co-founded by Vivek Ramaswamy and Anson Frericks, has attracted over $500 million in AUM in its first three months of operation.
We are seeking an attorney specializing in asset management to support Strive’s institutional and retail client business, which includes public and private pension plans, foundations, endowments, family offices, insurers, sovereign wealth clients, and other financial institutions.
You should demonstrate initiative and accountability, possess excellent analytical, communications and negotiation skills, have the ability to work across different business functions while remaining responsive, have confidence presenting complex issues to senior business managers, and be able to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. You may also be responsible for outside counsel engagement.
If you are looking to apply your skills in a growth-driven, entrepreneurial culture & want to pursue the dream of building one of the largest asset managers in the world, this is the right opportunity for you.
· Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, contracts, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
· Develop company policy and position on legal issues
· Demonstrate ability to work closely and collaboratively with our business partners and others within the Legal, Risk, and Compliance departments
· Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
· Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
· Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
· Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
· Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
· Draft and administer all contracts
· Negotiate deals and attend company meetings
· J.D. from a nationally recognized law school and at least five (5) years of experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or in the legal department of a leading financial services organization
· Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws)
· Experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
· Familiarity with retail separately managed accounts, ETFs and/or insurance mutual funds.
· Strong ability to solve problems in a practical manner and communicate legal, compliance and business issues/risks in an understandable way
· Commitment to staying abreast of regulatory developments (e.g., new SEC rules and enforcement proceedings) impacting covered businesses and assisting internal partners proactively respond to such developments
· Proven excellent negotiation and communications skills
· Current license to practice law
· M.B.A., if candidate does not possess J.D., from a nationally recognized school of business.
· Competitive compensation package, including a generous initial equity grant
· Aetna Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
· PEO-sponsored 401K plan
· And plenty of others!
Strive provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.